All the information you need regarding the arrest, incarceration, and bail prices of a friend or family member arrested in Hamilton County, Indiana can be found below. For questions, refer to the bottom of the blog for contact information to a reputable bail bond agency for Hamilton County and Indianapolis, Indiana.
Felonies in Hamilton County, Indiana
Murder = NO BOND
Habitual Offender = $50,000
Class A = $50,000
Class B = $25,000
Class C = $10,000
Class D = $5,000
Misdemeanors in Hamilton County, Indiana
Class A Misdemeanor = $2,500
Class B Misdemeanor = $1,000
Class C Misdemeanor = $500
Exceptions to the Above Listed Schedule
• Operating While Intoxicated in Hamilton County, Second Offense = (Class D Felony) $7,500
• Operating While Intoxicated resulting in Serious Bodily Injury in Hamilton Co. = (Class D Felony) $7,500
• Dealing Marijuana Less Than 30 Grams in Hamilton County = (Class A Misdemeanor) $3,750
• False Reporting or Informing in Hamilton County = (Class A or B Misdemeanor) $2,500
• Leaving the Scene of a Property Damage Accident in Hamilton County = (Class C Misdemeanor) $2,500
• Leaving the Scene of a Personal Injury Accident in Hamilton County = (Class A Misdemeanor) $5,000
• Operating while Intoxicated in Hamilton County = (Class C Misdemeanor) $2,500
• Operating a Vehicle with at Least .08 BAC in Hamilton County = (Class C Misdemeanor) $2,500
• Operating a Motorboat while Intoxicated in Hamilton Co. or Geist Lake = (Class C Misdemeanor) $2,500
• Operating a Motorboat with at Least .08 BAC in Hamilton County = (Class C Misdemeanor) $2,500
• Refusal to Identify Self in Hamilton County = (Class C Misdemeanor) $1,500
• Possession of Drug Paraphernalia in Hamilton County = (Class A Misdemeanor) $1,000
• Driving with a Suspended License in Hamilton County = (Class A Misdemeanor) $1,000
Bond Amounts Are Cumulative – Exceptions
If a person has been arrested for multiple charges in Hamilton County, the bond amount shall be the total amount required for all charges, except for the following situations:
1) If a person has been arrested for multiple alcohol charges (operating while intoxicated, public intoxication, illegal consumption/transportation) in Hamilton County, only the highest class bond for one charge shall be imposed for all of the alcohol charges; and
2) If a person has been arrested for multiple misdemeanor charges in Hamilton Co., the total cumulative bond for all of the misdemeanors shall not exceed $5,000.
Bonds Not Available in Hamilton County, IN
This bond schedule shall not be used for any person arrested on a charge of Invasion of Privacy, Battery, or Stalking, nor be applicable to cases involving a person who has been arrested for a crime when it can be reasonably determined that the person was while on probation, parole, bond or release on the person’s own recognizance for another offense. In such case, the person shall be detained in custody until a Court establishes the bond.
Conditions of Bonds in Hamilton County, Indiana
All persons posting a bail bond are subject to the following conditions:
(a) They shall appear in Hamilton County Court at all times required by Hamilton County
(b) They shall NOT leave the State of Indiana without the prior written consent of Hamilton Co. Court; (c) They shall not commit nor be arrested for another criminal offense
(d) They shall keep their attorney and the Court advised in writing of any change of address within 24 hours of such change
(e) They shall comply with any other condition ordered by the Hamilton County Court System.
Pursuant to I.C. 35-33-8-3.2, a person’s release may also be conditioned upon refraining from any direct or indirect contact with the alleged victim of an offense or any other individual as ordered by the Court. Violation of any condition may result in the revocation of bond and the issuance of a re-arrest.