Bail Bonds in Marion County, Indiana
When a person is arrested in certain parts of Indianapolis, they are taken to the Marion County Jail. There they will be searched, processed, booked, and held in an on-site holding cell until they are either bailed out of jail or taken to population jail. Here are the most important things to know about bail bonds in Marion County, Indianapolis:
• Bail Bonds are Non-Refundable
• You Must Be 18 to Bail a Person from Jail
• A Bail Agreement or Contract Must Be Signed
• Must Pay 10-15% of the Total Bond Amount
• Bail Cannot Be Posted until Detainee is Sober from Drugs or Alcohol
• Severity of Conviction Determines Bond Amount
• Detainees Can Make Phone Calls from Jail with Good Behavior
• Jail Clerks Have Bondsmen Info and Phone Numbers
• Most Agencies Accept All Forms of Payment
Although these stipulations and commonalities can differ from company to company, they are typically consistent for Marion County, Indiana. Bail bondsmen can be found on every corner close to a jail; but it is important to use a trusted and reputable bail agency. There are ways to determine whether or not a bail bond company or bondsman can be trusted.
Consider their years of experience, as well as, their reputation. It is also a positive if a bail bondsman has a good-standing relationship with the Marion County courts and judiciaries. This and more are all important factors to consider when choosing a professional bail bondsman in Indianapolis.